Monthly payments in addition to one-off fee of $89.99?

General discussion of PokerTracker 3.

Moderator: Moderators

Monthly payments in addition to one-off fee of $89.99?

Postby ltwelv » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:27 pm

In december I decided to buy PT3 for $89.99 under the impression that this was a one off fee which would entitle me to full use of the software. I was not given any warning that a direct debit would be set up charging me $14.99 each month for PT3. I happened to stumble across this while looking over my bank statements. WHAT exactly is going on here? Unless this is an unintentional mistake this is false advertising as I can quote the website that only a 'one off payment' is required with NO recurring fees.
ltwelv

Re: Monthly payments in addition to one-off fee of $89.99?

Postby kraada » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:11 pm

The monthly fee is not for PT3, it is for TableTracker, which you signed up for at the same time you bought PT3. If you wish to cancel your TableTracker subscription you can do that here.
kraada

Postby doco » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:45 am

It does seem on the surface anyway, that PT is being a bit sneaky with this trial thing. I too got bit by this, hopefully inadvertent, ploy. Most trials end at the end of the advertised trial period. PT seemingly, expects the user to end the offer and not, as is typical, the other way around.

I would think occasional posts for 'why doesn't Table Tracker work anymore' would be much more desirable than the veiled accusations and perception of being ripped off.
doco

Postby APerfect10 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:57 am

Most trials end at the end of the advertised trial period.

"Trials" end at the advertised period. However, this is not a trial nor do we claim that it is a trial. We offer a trial period of 25 free searches for everyone.

This is a "free month" of service for signing up for a product which you must opt in to. Once you opt into this free month of TableTracker offer, we state throughout the checkout process and then again on your order confirmation email that unless canceled by the end of the first month that you will be billed at the normal TableTracker subscription rate that you chose. Furthermore, we are now sending out emails 3 days prior to the expiration of the free month prior to you being billed as a courtesy reminder that unless if you cancel then you will be billed. (We added this more recently as we are not trying to be sneaky nor are we trying to confuse users into purchasing something that they do not wish to purchase.)

Prior to sending out these email reminders, we were very liberal refunding users who did not cancel in time and did not intend to purchase a subscription. (I am sure that many users can attest to this)

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10
Site Admin

Postby doco » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:33 am

I suppose my missive to sound accusatory; that was not my intention and I have not and am not making accusation veiled or otherwise and will not. You have a wonderful product very reasonably priced and I just thought based on the acceleration of posts concerning the charges, a change should be made; as you have and that is a good thing. 8-)
doco

Postby rodeoclh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 am

I did not realize I was being debited $34.99 each month for this either. Probably a mistake on my part, but I have paid for 2 months that I will probably never see again. Be careful and read everything.
rodeoclh

Return to General [Read Only]