Page 1 of 1

What's the best approach to this problem?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2025 3:53 am
by 4StarGen
I think my approach on a problem is wrong an I'm looking for a good workaround.
Basically I have to build stats based on the postflop sizes in relation to the pot, so for example flop B50, turn B75 and so on.
PT4 has everything built-in but I play on a site where rake is taken on every street but there's no mention in the HH, resulting in wrong amounts if I don't hardcode the "pot with rake" calculation.
As you might know this piece of code is long and cumbersome, also my copy and paste method, which is awful coding-wise would be a problem if, for some reason, the room changes the rake structure.

Given that said, the best approach would be to have a database field with "pot with rake" but maybe other workarounds are available too.

Let's make an example, I'd like to build a turn second barrel stat when the player bet 200% on the turn.
The ideal stat would be if(turn barrel / pot raked on the turn) * 100 = 200,1,0)
What's the best approach?
Maybe using variables (which is a thing I haven't used yet)?

Re: What's the best approach to this problem?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2025 9:15 am
by Flag_Hippo
Unfortunately I don't know of a different workaround to apply to this particular scenario. If you haven't already done so I'd recommend contacting the poker site and request that they add pot & rake information by street to their hand histories and if they already have plans to introduce this they might let you know about that.