Request to change way like sessions displayed

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Request to change way like sessions displayed

Postby Ninja666 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 am

I think current way to display sessions is ineffective.

I am talking about Results> Overview> By session tab.

Now it is 3 level report:
1st) session list, where all sessions are listed - Good report.
2nd) Table list in session. I guess that covers more than this, however I find this report not providing a lot of information. Problem is that if I want to review hands, now I should browse tables. So I am forced to go down at 3rd level a lot of times.
3rd) Hand list. Good report. THis is what I look for when I go to session list.

Suggestion for improvement:

1) Eliminate 2nd report. So now every session will lead to hand list.
2) If more detailed information needed (Like stakes, tables, sites etc), then Add option gow to group everything in session list.
Example:
a) simple session list report: just list of sessions.
b) We add column Table, now we see X times more sessions, cuz now those sessions will be grouped by table name. But that is very rare requiriment and we don't need to be forced to go over that every time(like now it is).

Additional suggestion:
I guess now sessions are grouped on the fly. Maybe not everyone stuggles with that but I do. My machine becomes more slowly in Session reports and this is report that I always check. Wouldn't be surprised about others too.
So I suggest to add additional table, where aggregated session list will be stored. Now fetching session list there will not be need to regroup sessions again, and again, and again. That it is very serious suggestion. Do not be ignorant when thinking abou it!
Ninja666
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Request to change way like sessions displayed

Postby kraada » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:45 am

We already have a report that will show you hands from grouped sessions by time. To see that go to the Summary report on the left hand side and choose to Group By Session (not Table Session). Then when you highlight a row at the top you'll see the hands for that session in the bottom pane.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests