Option to skip Tournament detection automaticlly

Let us know what features not currently in the PT4 should be added.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Option to skip Tournament detection automaticlly

Postby Dutchraise72 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:59 am

I know that you can skip it manually but if you re-import a great amount of exported (Pt3,Pt4) tournament hands with with summaries i do that overnight and do not have the opportunity to click the "Stop tournament detection" button. In some situations i think it's useless to run auto tournament detection because i want to keep the same tournament descriptions, amount of rebuys and addons as i have in the tournament summaries.
Dutchraise72
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Option to skip Tournament detection automaticlly

Postby kraada » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 am

Thank you for your suggestion; I'll make a note of it and discuss it with the development team on your behalf.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Option to skip Tournament detection automaticlly

Postby Parket » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm a bit confused here.
Does importing Tourney Summaries run the Tournament Detection ?! If so, then it's never working for me, because after Summary import, I always have to run the Tournament Detection to correct all the tourney types. In fact, I wanted to file a feature request to have an option to automatically run the Tournament Detect as part of a Summary Mail import.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: Option to skip Tournament detection automaticlly

Postby Dutchraise72 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:33 am

If you re-import pokertracker hands and summaries its useless to run tournament detection afterwards because all the info is in the pokertracker summaries.
Dutchraise72
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: Option to skip Tournament detection automaticlly

Postby Parket » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:06 am

Dutchraise72 wrote:If you re-import pokertracker hands and summaries its useless to run tournament detection afterwards because all the info is in the pokertracker summaries.


I'm talking about PokerStars summary e-mails after having played a session. I do that to get everyone's finishes/prize in my database. The problem is that this import messes up the tourney descriptions again, so I again have to do the Tournament Detection manually.
So if importing summaries from local disk (e.g. after they were exported from PT4) does run the Tournament Detection, then this looks inconsistent with importing them through e-mail. I would then expect the latter to also run the Tournament Detection.
Parket
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:03 pm


Return to PT4 Feature Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests