New mac update (4.07.1) works, but with some tweaking

Questions and discussion about PokerTracker 4 for Windows

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

New mac update (4.07.1) works, but with some tweaking

Postby illsabio » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:13 pm

I installed the 4.07.1 mac version on my iMac and i still get the issues with the permissions.

After looking at the pokertracker 4.log file myself i noticed that macosx wasnt able to create a directory (Users/Shared/Library/Preferences) it seems that it needs that directory because after i create the Preferences folder manually it worked perfectly.

Hopefully it can help other people which are still struggling with the issue themselves after the new mac update
illsabio

Re: New mac update (4.07.1) works, but with some tweaking

Postby ivaB1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:27 pm

illsabio wrote:I installed the 4.07.1 mac version on my iMac and i still get the issues with the permissions.

After looking at the pokertracker 4.log file myself i noticed that macosx wasnt able to create a directory (Users/Shared/Library/Preferences) it seems that it needs that directory because after i create the Preferences folder manually it worked perfectly.

Hopefully it can help other people which are still struggling with the issue themselves after the new mac update

Ty mate, work for me too now. Thats what i was guessing myself in prev. release, pt4 want to use wrong folder instead of actual root folders
ivaB1

Postby lachemou » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:27 pm

illsabio wrote:I installed the 4.07.1 mac version on my iMac and i still get the issues with the permissions.

Same problem and same issue. I create manually the directory sudo mkdir Users/Shared/Library/Preferences && chmod 777 Users/Shared/Library/Preferences
lachemou

Postby kraada » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm

The permissions for /Users/Shared/Library/Preferences must be changed to 777, this is the reason why PokerTracker 4 is showing that error message, we need to be able to create the user data folder, but we cannot do this unless your permissions folded allows us to do so.

Follow these simple instructions:

1) Quit PT4
2) Open the terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal) and type sudo chmod 777 /Users/Shared/Library/Preferences. You may need to enter your administration password when you do this. When this is complete you can quit the terminal.
3) Restart PokerTracker 4.

It's my understanding this folder should exist by default - if it doesn't you'll get an error in (2) if it doesn't exist, then running this will create it:
sudo mkdir /Users/Shared/Library/Preferences

Then run the command in (2).
kraada

Postby SporkChops » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:21 pm

This worked for me. Thanks a lot! :D
SporkChops

Return to PokerTracker 4