Page 1 of 2

Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:07 pm
by CherryWaves
Hello,

I just downloaded the latest version of PT4, and now whenever I open the software it doesnt open and it says 'Not Responding'.

What should I do?

Thank you

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:17 pm
by JesseBUSMC
Same

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:41 pm
by 123
It's busy updating the cache, which can take a while with large databases/lots of custom stats, see the replies here: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 8&t=104068

Either give it time or downgrade back to 4.18.1

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:47 pm
by CherryWaves
By give it time, do you mean I should leave PT4 open and running while it isnt responding?

Thanks

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:51 pm
by 123
CherryWaves wrote:By give it time, do you mean I should leave PT4 open and running while it isnt responding?


Yeah, it just is updating the cache in the background. Although I don't know how much time it will take, so best to do that when you're not planning to play in the next few hours (or overnight or something)

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:30 am
by Flag_Hippo
If PokerTracker 4 is not responding when starting PokerTracker v4.18.2 please send us a log file so we can investigate and follow up with you:

1. Start PokerTracker 4 with logging enabled - see this guide (see method #2, #1 will not work unless you already have enabled logging previously).

2. Allow PokerTracker 4 to sit for a few minutes and if it remains unresponsive grab your log file and attach that to a Support Ticket.

3. To access the log file open File Explorer in Windows and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\PokerTracker 4\Logs

The file we need will be the text file called 'PokerTracker4' or 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.

You can then safely revert to the previous version of PokerTracker which can be downloaded from here until we are able to resolve the issue.

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 2:48 am
by murmanman
Hi
I recently updated to the latest version of PT4 (4.18.25, and it completely broke my setup. The process would just hang in the Task Manager, but the actual program interface never opened. I was absolutely devastated and in despair. I even went as far as completely reinstalling the software into a different directory, which caused me to lose my configuration files and caused a massive headache.If anyone else is facing this exact same issue, here is the fix that saved me:Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Config\ and open the TournamentDetect.cfg file with Notepad. In the very first line of code, look for number="7.04" (or whatever older version you have) and manually change it to number="7.05".To the PT4 developers: Please do not push updates that break the software like this! It shouldn't require manual code editing in hidden folders just to get the program to boot up.

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 3:13 am
by murmanman
Just so you know, I imported my settings file into PT4 and it stopped opening again, but I replaced the TournamentDetect.cfg and everything worked. So the problem is 100% in that file. Basically, to make it work, you need to do this first. Maybe my ISP is blocking poker sites and won't let it download this file, so PT4 refuses to open at all. I really hope they don't make updates like this in the future that completely freeze the software.In this file it works when you change the first lines to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<version number="7.05" date="2026-07-30"></version>

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2026 5:05 am
by Flag_Hippo
The TournamentDetect.cfg file was just updated from v7.04 to v7.05 and this downloads in the background regardless of your PokerTracker version. It's just a text/configuration file. It sounds like something local to you is interfering with that. If you're using any security software (such as antivirus, firewall), please make sure to follow the instructions given in the Security Software Configuration Guide. In addition to the folders/files listed there you can add an exception for your User Data folder:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\

If you have any further trouble please PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Windows Start Menu, reproduce the issue and then attach your log file to a Support Ticket:

C:\Users\{Windows Login}\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Logs\PokerTracker4.log

Re: Pokertracker 4 not responding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2026 3:31 pm
by D0u8leTr0u8le
murmanman wrote:Just so you know, I imported my settings file into PT4 and it stopped opening again, but I replaced the TournamentDetect.cfg and everything worked. So the problem is 100% in that file. Basically, to make it work, you need to do this first. Maybe my ISP is blocking poker sites and won't let it download this file, so PT4 refuses to open at all. I really hope they don't make updates like this in the future that completely freeze the software.In this file it works when you change the first lines to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<version number="7.05" date="2026-07-30"></version>


I had the same issue—it seems PT4 couldn't access some files it needed to download. Running PT through a VPN solved the problem. P.S. I'm based in Russia.