Page 1 of 3

Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:03 pm
by Dominic1986
I installed , deleted , reinstalled Pokertracker 4....
but everytime the same problem !

"Unable to connect to database. Please check configuration"

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:26 am
by Flag_Hippo
Is PostgreSQL (the program where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data) installed and running on your computer? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.mscĀ 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? What is its 'Status' and 'Startup Type'? If the PostgreSQL service is not listed at all then it will need to be installed so in that case manually download and install PostgreSQL v10.20 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

%localappdata%\Temp

In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:26 am
by Dominic1986
Flag_Hippo wrote:Is PostgreSQL (the program where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data) installed and running on your computer? Click your Windows Start button then type the following command:

services.mscĀ 

and click on it when it appears. Do you see the PostgreSQL service in the list? Is it started, or can you start it? What is its 'Status' and 'Startup Type'? If the PostgreSQL service is not listed at all then it will need to be installed so in that case manually download and install PostgreSQL v10.20 from here and for the two password boxes use 'dbpass' (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. If that installs successfully try starting PokerTracker 4 again but if that PostgreSQL install does not complete successfully then in Windows open File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar:

Dominic1986 wrote:I installed , deleted , reinstalled Pokertracker 4....
but everytime the same problem !

"Unable to connect to database. Please check configuration"
%localappdata%\Temp


In this folder there should be a file called 'install-postgresql.log' - please attach that file to a Support Ticket so we can follow up on this with you.


Ive Done that all and post a screenshot and here is the LOG as Winrar

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:10 pm
by Flag_Hippo
You have installed PostgreSQL v14 which PokerTracker 4 doesn't support and it will not be able to connect to that version even if the PostgreSQL service is running. If you are not using that PostgreSQL with anything else please uninstall it then download and install PostgreSQL v10.20 from here.

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:03 pm
by Dominic1986
Flag_Hippo wrote:You have installed PostgreSQL v14 which PokerTracker 4 doesn't support and it will not be able to connect to that version even if the PostgreSQL service is running. If you are not using that PostgreSQL with anything else please uninstall it then download and install PostgreSQL v10.20 from here.

Worked ! Thanks a lot !

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:31 am
by vicobdti
Hi !
I have the same problem and I try the solution in this toppic but It don't work for me.
I've joined my postgre installation file.
I don't understand the problem.

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:28 am
by Flag_Hippo
vicobdti wrote:I have the same problem and I try the solution in this toppic but It don't work for me.
I've joined my postgre installation file.
I don't understand the problem.

Please open a Support Ticket and attach your file(s) along with any other relevant information.

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:17 am
by FreePhoenix
Hello I have this message too : " unable to connect to this data base please check the configuration". I can't find any 10.20 version of Postgre SQL with the link

Thank you

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:09 pm
by Flag_Hippo
I don't know why PostgreSQL v10 isn't currently on the PostgreSQL downloads page but the installer for v10 can be downloaded from here.

Re: Unable to connect to database

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:23 am
by Jarkiro
Hi,

The reason its not on the postgre SQL Site is because its end of life since nearly a month: https://endoflife.software/applications ... postgresql

Are there any plans to support postgresql 11+?

Best

Jarkiro