ODBC Error

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

ODBC Error

Postby LordRush » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:18 am

Hello:

I just bought installed my PTHE2 w/ postgresql, which I don't know if i should have selected to use postgresql or not, I just did it. Anyway when I try to import hands from pokerstars, I get the following popup error message:

ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed
Could not use '|'; file already in use.

What should I do to fix this problem?

Thanks
Chris
LordRush
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:12 am

Re: ODBC Error

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:10 am

That's not a PostgreSQL error, if you converted to PostgreSQL then you missed some steps in the "After PostgreSQL is installed" section here
http://www.pokertracker.com/products/PT ... InstallSQL
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: ODBC Error

Postby LordRush » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 pm

I am running Vista. I don't really need the advanced capabilities postgreSQL has to offer... do I need to uninstall PTHE2 and download the version w/o postgreSQL since I'm running Vista?

Thanks
LordRush
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:12 am

Re: ODBC Error

Postby ptrack pat » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 pm

If you don't want to use PostgreSQL, go to the File > Maintain Database Names window.
Click the Add button.
Enter a new db name/description, check the "Dflt" box and then in the last field select "Create new, empty Access database" from the list.
Click OK to save the changes.
NOW CLOSE AND REOPEN POKER TRACKER and you should be ready to import into this new database.
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests