Could not connect error at database conversion

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Could not connect error at database conversion

Postby antalgyori » Thu May 29, 2008 10:34 pm

I am trying to convert a database to PostgreSQL and I get this error:

Cound not connect.

ConnectString='DSN=PTPGSQL1;UID=postgres;PWD=...',
DisableBind=1
SQLSTATE=IM002
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

Please help. Thanks.
antalgyori
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 am

Re: Could not connect error at database conversion

Postby ptrack pat » Thu May 29, 2008 10:36 pm

What version of PostgreSQL did you install?
On the PostgreSQL Settings window, what do you have selected in the "ODBC Entry to use" field?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Re: Could not connect error at database conversion

Postby antalgyori » Thu May 29, 2008 10:51 pm

I found the problem, wasn't running PT as administrator, although I thought I was. Now I changed it so it always runs as Admin, and it works.

Thanks for the help.
antalgyori
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 am


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests