Page 1 of 1
SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:33 pm
by whodatdare
I'm not able to connect to PT anymore. When I open up PT I get this error:
Unable to connect to the database
101- SQLSTATE=08001
could mot connect to server:Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
I've been using Postgresql 8.2 for a while on port 5432, but I'm not very literate with computers.
This happens on my laptop only. I can open PT2 on my desktop (same SQL # and port #)
Do I need to upgrade to SQL 8.3? If so can someone provide a link?
Also to add: I tried to open up ring player stats right after the above error message displayed and got this one:
Data Window Error
Database transaction information not available
Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function
Any help?
Thanks in advance,
whodatdare
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:56 pm
by whodatdare
I cannot edit that message and I need to add a litlle more info. After the Data Window Error window appears I clicked on it twice and the ring player stat window showed up. But it was entirely blank. No player names and no stats whatsoever.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:32 pm
by whodatdare
Pat, found another thread about this so I looked in the data log file and c/p here.
2008-04-18 13:28:24 LOG: database system was shut down at 2008-04-15 18:01:44 Central Daylight Time
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/3BAC6940
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: redo record is at 0/3BAC6940; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: next transaction ID: 0/2307213; next OID: 25567
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
2008-04-18 13:28:25 FATAL: could not open directory "pg_twophase": No such file or directory
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: startup process (PID 5820) exited with exit code 1
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: aborting startup due to startup process failure
2008-04-18 13:28:25 LOG: logger shutting down
Will this help any? I've never backed up my PT database. I'm running Mcafee, and I just used CCleaner to remove a bunch of cookies. I'm running XP w/ SP2
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:49 pm
by ptrack pat
Go to the c:\program files\postgresql\8.2\data folder.
Is there a file called postmaster.pid there? If so, delete it and then restart the computer and try it again.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:02 pm
by whodatdare
No, Pat thereisn't a postmaster.pid file but there is one called postmaster.opts.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:14 pm
by ptrack pat
And you have never backed up this database in the entire time you've been using it?
Without a backup the only other option is for me to try to recover the database(s) for you but I don't have time to do that until next week.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:42 pm
by whodatdare
I would appreciate the help when you have the time. Please email or PM me when you can help out. Thanks in advance.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:03 pm
by ptrack pat
First, ZIP the contents of the c:\program files\postgresql\8.2\data folder (by contents I mean the entire ../data folder and all the sub-folders). Then let me know the size of the ZIP file and I'll tell you how to send that to me.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:12 pm
by whodatdare
Pat, sorry its taken this long to reply. My file is just under 1 GB.
Re: SQL Problem..

Posted:
Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:16 pm
by ptrack pat
I am going to PM you with directions on how to FTP that file to me.
If you can name that file whodatdare.ZIP before uploading so I can tell it apart from other files that would be great.