Can't backup old postgres 8.2 db into new 8.3 version

Forum with tips, support, etc, on using the PostgreSQL database with Poker Tracker. Please post any PostgreSQL questions here.

Can't backup old postgres 8.2 db into new 8.3 version

Postby eVERRYX » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:36 pm

I just reinstalled PT2 and postgres, and the old db was backed up using postgres 8.2x version.
After formatting my HD i have installed postgres 8.3x, and when I try to restore it I can't actually choose it.

Is it possible to convert an old postgres 8.2x db into 8.3x?
If so how?
eVERRYX
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:06 am

Re: Can't backup old postgres 8.2 db into new 8.3 version

Postby ptrack pat » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 am

There should be no problem doing this. What do you mean you can't choose it?
ptrack pat
 
Posts: 4841
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm


Return to PostgreSQL Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests