Page 1 of 1
UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE

Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 9:59 am
by concussed
Hi,
I am unable to import hands from PartyPoker, with the following message:
1) "Unable to Connect to the database
-1206 - SQLSTATE =S1000
Microsoft [ODBC microsoft access driver] cannot open database 'unknown' ....etc etc
I click OK
2) I've tried repairing and I get message "Database C:Program Files/Poker TrackerV2\PTRACK.mdb needs to be repaired
OK
3) "Invalid Argument"
OK...and back to point 2) etc etc.
Any ideas please ?
Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE

Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 10:20 am
by concussed
PS: Sorry for the capitals in the heading
Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE

Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 11:36 am
by concussed
I cam now attach screenshots showing my problem, which I think is postgres related...?
[ img ]So i double click, and this comesup:
[ img ]I click Start, and this error message pops up
[ img ]Anything wrong with this ?....
[ img ]
Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE

Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 11:48 am
by ptrack pat
those errors you listed in the first post are Access errors, nothing to do with PostgreSQL.
With PT closed...
1. Go to the Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > ODBC Data Sources window.
2. On the window that opens, click the System DSN tab.
3. Click on the entry PTRACK and click the "Configure..." button.
4. Click the "Repair..." button on the next window.
5. On the next window that pops up, ptrack.mdb should be highlighted but if it's not, select it and click ok.
Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE

Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 3:35 pm
by concussed
Thank You - That appears to have helped with PT2.
I am trying to run the trial version of PT3, but getting the message
"Fatal Exception during Auto-Import process: Unable to connect to database: PokerTracker 3 Database"
Could that be postgres related as per my screenshots?
Re: UNABLE TO CONNECT TO DATABASE

Posted:
Tue May 12, 2009 3:40 pm
by ptrack pat
I don't support PT3, please post this problem in the PT3 support forum...
viewforum.php?f=16