Page 1 of 1

Creating "sub" databases

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:26 am
by quahogger
How do you break apart a database in to smaller "sub" databases. I still have all my stats in one DB - My First Poker Database. I'd like to break it down by limit and age of hands.

Re: Creating "sub" databases

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:29 am
by ptrack pat
Why not just use the filters on the Preferences tab of the stats window to show the data you want to see. It's a lot easier than creating separate databases for everything.

Re: Creating "sub" databases

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:56 am
by quahogger
300K hands in the database... too slow. I thought that if I broke the database down and only opend the ones that apply to what I am playing, it would speed things up. Should I convert - it is still an access DB.

Re: Creating "sub" databases

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:48 am
by ptrack pat
You would have to use the Utilities > Export Hand Histories To File option to export the hands. Select the dates and limits to export. Then import those files into a new database specifically for those dates/limits. Repeat this process for each different type of database you want.