Page 1 of 1

Columns are Changing, Result the Same

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:34 pm
by Mr Tiger
I was changing columns, but results in my report were not influenced by it (newly created stats is visible in reports, but not changed when I change their columns). Checked it many times. Tried to restart PostrgeSQL and even the computer, but it didn't help. The results started to change only when I changed the active database. The first database had 100% updated cache. The second one - 0%.
Is it normal?

Re: Columns are Changing, Result the Same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:33 am
by kraada
The 0% cache database should have shown the changes - if the report is one that can use the cache it will but if you change a column used for a stat that has already been cached you'll need to rebuild the cache (using the Cache Rebuild Housekeeping option) in order to get the proper values in there.

Try rebuilding the cache on whichever database is smaller and see if that gets things working for you better.

Re: Columns are Changing, Result the Same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:27 pm
by Mr Tiger
kraada wrote:........if the report is one that can use the cache it will.......

It's one of my custom reports.
kraada wrote:.........if you change a column used for a stat that has already been cached you'll need to rebuild the cache.......

I made a new stat, then I made a report with it (not rebuilding or updating cache). The report showed some value (looks real). Then I changed one column used for the stat, but the report showed the same value.

I think, rebuilding the cache can help, but I can't rebuild the cache every time I change a column and try to test the respective stat.

Re: Columns are Changing, Result the Same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:03 pm
by WhiteRider
Did you click Refresh to update the report after you changed your stat?

Re: Columns are Changing, Result the Same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:10 pm
by Mr Tiger
I don't remember, but now results are changing in every database. Looks like temporary bug...