Removing custom statistics and conflicting columns

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Removing custom statistics and conflicting columns

Postby joaoleao » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:07 pm

When I do Database > Housekeeping, PT3 outputs several errors in my database.
As pointed out in other threads this is because of conflicting column names — for ex: "cnt_p_3bet_bb" and "cnt_p_3bet_BB".
These columns are used in custom statistics that I didn't create myself, but were imported with HUD profiles from PokerTracker site repository.

Trying to correct this issue (as suggested, deleting one of the columns) I'm having some difficulty in finding out which profiles use which statistics (and the columns they're constructed with).

A possible solution would be to remove all imported profiles and then remove also the imported custom statistics. I'd rather not do that because I based my own HUD profile on one of these imported profiles. A better alternative (to me it looks safer and cleaner) would be removing the custom profiles that I don't use and then removing unused custom statistics and/or columns that I won't need anymore. Is there an automated way to do this?

Is there another solution for this that doesn't involve doing it by hand and maybe break something in the process?

Thanks in advance!
joaoleao
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Removing custom statistics and conflicting columns

Postby kraada » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:49 pm

You don't need to remove the profiles, just the columns that are problematic. As I recall for most of the problems of this type the two columns (_bb and _BB) are actually identical - if they are all you need to do is remove one (or the other) and everything will then work properly.
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Removing custom statistics and conflicting columns

Postby joaoleao » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi kraada

Thanks for your help.
I removed the duplicate columns (there was a lot of them) and managed to do what I then realized was the first successful Housekeeping on my database.

After that I played on PokerStars and everything was working properly.
Today, however, PokerTracker isn't importing hands and the HUD is not showing. Import Status shows "PokerStars: Loading hand history file..." when a new table starts but doesn't import the actual hands in the file and doesn't show any other output.

The only differences were that yesterday I played just after the successful Housekeeping and maybe I didn't restart PokerTracker; and today there was a PokerStars software update and I restarted PT for the first time after Housekeeping.
Don't think that's relevant but just wanted to give you all information.

Do you think it's related to deletion of columns?
What should I do when this happens?

Thanks again.
joaoleao
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Removing custom statistics and conflicting columns

Postby joaoleao » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Update:

It looks that's a big coincidence.
I'm using Mac OS X Lion and several users are reporting problems since yesterday.
I'll try to look for solutions on the other thread.

Cheers.
joaoleao
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

Re: Removing custom statistics and conflicting columns

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Please update to v3.11.7 which works with the changes in the new PokerStars client.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK


Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests