Page 1 of 1

Alias question

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:17 am
by jekki
Hi everybody!
I know how to make alias etc.
What i don't know: is it possible to create an alias which is NOT a name of any players?
Example:
Somebody played earlier under the nick "joe" and nowadays ""james" (actual screenname set: james).
I can see separate reports of joe and james, OK.
But to see a total result of both i would like to have a so called virtual player's name for instance "Total" and not to set "joe" as alias for the actual player "james".
I hope it is understandable what i am asking.
Thanks in advance.
Best regards

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:37 am
by WhiteRider
You can't alias to a created player, only to a player who has been imported to your database from a hand history.
You can work around this by setting up a fake hand history using the name you want to use, though.

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:50 am
by jekki
I understand, thank you.

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:39 pm
by jekki
WhiteRider wrote:You can work around this by setting up a fake hand history using the name you want to use, though.


That i did, OK.
Now i should have to remove the original alias (i.e. the older nick, which is alias of the actual screenname), BUT i get this error message:

[ img ]

I have never played Omaha.
What should i do?

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:34 am
by WhiteRider
Are you just trying to unlink a normal alias?

Please enable logging and restart PT3, and reproduce the problem then attach the PokerTracker.log file to a Support Ticket so that we can see the full error message.

Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 pm
by jekki
Are you just trying to unlink a normal alias?

YES!

I have the same problem on two computers: i can't remove/unlink the alias.

On computer#1 (windowsXP, PT3 3.11.7.0 beta, PartyPoker) i got the message see above.
On computer#2 (windows7, PT3 3.11.7.0 beta, PartyPoker) i got this:

[ img ]

and this

[ img ]

I made log enable (for computer#2) and will post it with a ticket.
Apparently the unlink needs a cache both omaha (on computer#1 it asks for it, altough i never played omaha) and holdem (on computer#2 there still isn't a populated cache).
A comment: as for the alias i thought it works similar to HM2 (i use PT3, but this feature in HM2 i find really good), i.e. it is possible to have on the player list a screenname, an older nick, and "virtual/fake" player as alias. So i could check a total result (screenname+older nick) or only the result of the actual player (screenname). Creating an alias in PT3 causes that the alias-player (older nick) disappears from the player list. I have created a virtual player (fake hand-import), afterwards i can't set the actual screename, because it is not on the player list anymore. That's why i want remove the alias.

Best regards

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 am
by WhiteRider
Thanks - we'll get back to you via your ticket.
I believe that the option to add a new name as a main alias will be added to PT4.
For now you can see results for individual sites by filtering to that site, but we'll want to get the issue with removing the alias sorted, of course.

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm
by jekki
SOLVED!!!
You can forget the ticket >>>>>> in the bin:
Tomorrow I'll tell you the details.
Regards

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:25 pm
by kraada
Glad to hear it! Please do fill us in - I look forward to finding out what was going on.

Re: Alias question

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:38 am
by jekki
Apparently there is a connection between cache and alias-unlink.
Without a healthy cache you can't unlink an alias (that's my experience).
Here is what i did:

-trying removing alias i got the message:

"..... (ERROR: relation"holdem_cache" does not exist)" respectively
"..... (ERROR: relation "omaha_cache" does not exist)"

In fact on one computer i didn't have omaha_cache (i.e. at least i thought/think so) on another one i didn't have holdem_cache either (not yet, after importing many hands). However, this omaha thing was disturbing , because i have never played omaha.
Nevertheless, i tried to update the cache on both machine.
I got error messages that some stats are double defined (ERROR: column "cnt_steal_opp_sb" specified more than once...). I correct this and the cache updated again.
BUT i got "double defined"-error again: (ERROR: column "cnt_steal_att_sb" specified more than once ) AND (ERROR: column "cnt_steal_opp_sb" specified more than once ). I thought, at least the second message can't be possible, i made it already right before. I didn't know what to do.
After a while i checked the error message again and saw this : "....Unable to execute query: CREATE TABLE omaha_cache.....". Here we are: the message was related to omaha (i couldn't understand why, didn't have omaha-hands, never played).
So i went to "Configure Stats/Omaha Cash Player Statistics" and i really found there the 2x specified stats. After correcting this i could update the cache (or caches?) without any error, and afterwards remove the alias successfully.

Best regards