Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Forum for users that want to write their own custom queries against the PT database either via the Structured Query Language (SQL) or using the PT3 custom stats/reports interface.

Moderator: Moderators

Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby teodoras » Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi,

I fount the following stat formula for calculating rake amount @ Carbon(it's weighted contributed apparently). However, the amounts calculated by this formula do not match the amounts in the daily rakeback report I get from Carbon. I play fixed limit, can anyone suggest how to accurately calculate my weighted contributed rake in PT3? I would then also like to add rakeback and VIP point totals in my player statistics section.

Here is the above mentioned formula I found on PT3 -

sum(if[holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_ttl > 0 AND holdem_hand_summary.amt_rake > 0, holdem_hand_summary.amt_rake * (holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_ttl / holdem_hand_summary.amt_pot), 0])
teodoras
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby kraada » Thu May 05, 2011 2:15 pm

That's the only weighted-contributed formula I'm aware of. Is it too low or too high? Are there other things which might be affecting your rakeback?
kraada
Moderator
 
Posts: 54430
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:32 am
Location: NY

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby teodoras » Thu May 05, 2011 6:17 pm

When I do 35% rakeback and VIP point calculations based on this formula both of those figures come up higher. I did take into account the fact that I'm accumulating VIP points at a 65% normal rake due to the rake back.

Also, another problem is that the totals for different limits do not add up correctly neither for rb nor vip points.
teodoras
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby WhiteRider » Fri May 06, 2011 3:43 am

We'll need to know exactly how your rakeback is calculated in order to build an accurate stat – can you find out from your site/affiliate exactly what calculations they do? If you could even get an example of how it would be calculated for a single hand that would help.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby teodoras » Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 pm

So I re-entered all formulas and totals do come very close now, must have entered some portion of formula incorrectly somewhere.

However, still have two problems:

1. The amounts for different limits do not add up correctly, neither for rakeback nor VIP points, although when I add them up myself the totals are correct.

2. I created contributed rake stat in the Columns section under configure->stats->player statistics section. Then I added two new stats - Carbon Rakeback and Carbon VIP based on the contributed rake formula. In order to create a displayable stat for the Carbon Rake, I assume I would go under Statistics->New->Definition and enter the above formula for the value expression? What would I need to enter in the Format tab?

Thanks for all your help!
teodoras
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby teodoras » Fri May 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok, managed to create the total rake paid stat.

Still can't get the totals to add up, here is what I mean -
[ img ]
teodoras
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 07, 2011 4:22 am

The way totals are calculated is defined by the Summary Type of the column.
For these you probably want it set to "Sum".

If you can't get it working please export your stats, compress and attach them to a Support ticket and we'll check them out.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby teodoras » Sat May 07, 2011 12:48 pm

Yes, that did fix it! Problem solved, thank you for your help!
teodoras
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby WhiteRider » Sat May 07, 2011 2:58 pm

Great - thanks for letting us know.
WhiteRider
Moderator
 
Posts: 54025
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm
Location: UK

Re: Carbon Poker/Merge Rake Amount

Postby pusaqall » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:22 am

teodoras wrote:Yes, that did fix it! Problem solved, thank you for your help!


May I ask how were you able to fix this problem?[ img ]


_________________

Oh so good!! [ img ]
pusaqall
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports, and SQL [Read Only]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests