Page 1 of 2

limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 am
by js2002
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet, 1, 0] )

is this stat correct?

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:26 am
by WhiteRider
That's fine, but doesn't include all limp-reraise cases.
For instance if you limp, get raised and re-raised before it gets back to you and you raise that is a 4-bet (which isn't counted in flg_p_3bet).

So you probably want to use
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_raise>0, 1, 0] )

It just depends exactly what you want your stat to count.
Your original expression is fine for facing a single raise, if that's the exact case you want.

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:28 pm
by oracle3001
Could you just clarify what flg_p_limp means. Does it mean you limped, or you faced a limp? Because if it means you limped, then ,aybe I'm wrong, but doesn't that stat mean you limped and then raised? Which obviously can't happen. However if that flag just mean there is a limp infront of you that obviously ok? Not clear in the documentation, just says "limped pre-flop", does that refer to you, or in general?

What would the denominator for a % stat of this kind be? Obviously looking to count all the times it is limped to you? Does sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp) do the job? Depends on that flg_p_limp meaning facing a limp or something else?

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:30 am
by WhiteRider
oracle3001 wrote:Could you just clarify what flg_p_limp means. Does it mean you limped, or you faced a limp?

It means you limped. (i.e. you called the BB when not facing a raise).

Because if it means you limped, then maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't that stat mean you limped and then raised? Which obviously can't happen.

Why can't you limp and then raise? If you call the BB, and then someone behind you raises, you can re-raise.
(ah, if you mean you can't 2-bet, that's correct, but cnt_p_raise counts all your raises and re-raises, not just "pure" 2-bets.)

What would the denominator for a % stat of this kind be? Obviously looking to count all the times it is limped to you? Does sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp) do the job? Depends on that flg_p_limp meaning facing a limp or something else?

That depends how you want to think about it..
For the limp/fold stat, I count opportunities as how often the player limps and then faces a raise - and I would think that limp/raise opportunities would be the same. So, after you have limped and you now face a raise, how often do you fold [or raise, or call, or whatever]?
cnt_p_limp_fold_opp = sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_limp AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_face_raise, 1, 0] ) = cnt_p_limp_raise_opp.

Obviously if you're going to use the same formula then you don't need to create a new Column for it, you could just use the same one (or probably clearer to rename it to flg_p_limp_face_raise or something).

Then the Statistic is
100 * cnt_p_limp_fold / cnt_p_limp_fold_opp
or in your case
100 * cnt_p_limp_raise / cnt_p_limp_fold_opp

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:09 am
by oracle3001
I thought It meant you limped. Right, sorry I misunderstood the meaning of what the original poster wanted, and you are right of course you can limp then reraise.

My mistake was that I thought he wanted a stat that says how often a player raises when there are limps infront of him, a sort of "attempt to steal limps"!. Any thoughts on how to do that stat while we are at it?

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:20 am
by WhiteRider
You could base this on the RFI (raise first in) stat:

Column: cnt_p_raise_first_in =
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp, 1, 0])

so you could adapt this to use (first raise) AND NOT( open opp )
Column: cnt_p_raise_limpers =
sum( if[holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise AND NOT holdem_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open_opp, 1, 0])

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:32 pm
by js2002
Thx WhiteRider, I adapted it to ur raise > 0 because its better than using 3bet field.

@Oracle: I also thought about the denominator and think WhiteRiders soulution is best. My denomiator is still the whole amount of limping. Because I got a stat "limp success" and the stats "limp/call" limp/fold" and "limp/raise" I can see clearly what happened after a limp of that player, but I have to rebuild it to the better solution.

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:45 pm
by Oakrdrzfan
The repository version of this has not been updated to reflect LRR for 3 bet and above possibilities. It still only covers the 3 bet opportunity version. You may want to fix it.

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 am
by WhiteRider
You mean js2002's "Limp / Raise (3Bet) (Preflop)" on page 2?
Can I suggest you PM him with a link to this thread and suggest he re-submits it?
(I think you'll get a response - but if you don't, please let me know and I'll get it updated)

Re: limp raise stat ok?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:56 am
by Oakrdrzfan
WhiteRider wrote:You mean js2002's "Limp / Raise (3Bet) (Preflop)" on page 2?
Can I suggest you PM him with a link to this thread and suggest he re-submits it?
(I think you'll get a response - but if you don't, please let me know and I'll get it updated)


Yes, that is the stat. I will pm him.